Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The things I like about rainy days


The things I like about rainy days:

-         opening my colorful umbrella in the dark

-         how every street, car, traffic, and neon light is doubled by it’s reflection on the wet street, resembling Christmas any time of the year
-         the feeling of rain on my face, my hair getting drenched – life, nature washing the stale dust of lost opportunities from my soul 

-         the soft empathy people show for those who are caught without protection under the sky’s down pour; an sympathetic look, an invitation for a spot under their umbrella, or a bonding line like ‘hope my rain coat is having a good time in the closet’

-         the intensity of nature’s colours; greens, reds, yellows, browns touched up by a brush stroke of clear

-         rain drop races on window panes

-         puddles sharing a different angle of view

-         how the sidewalks and hiking paths empty out leaving me to stand alone on the world’s stage – enjoying the spot light without a human audience at least for a little while. 

-         The circles drawn by hundreds of invisible , tiny ballet dancers’s toes on clear water surfaces

No comments:

Post a Comment