Saturday, November 19, 2011

I wish I had a soundtrack to my life....


“Music is what feelings sound like.”

“Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
-Angela Monet

“Music speaks what words cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul.”

“Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent.”
-Victor Hugo

“When people hear good music, it makes them homesick for something they never had, and never will have.”
-Edgar Watson Howe

“Music is love in search of a word.”
-Sidonie Gabrielle

“Words make you think a thought. Music makes you feel a feeling. A song makes  you feel a thought.”
-E. Y. Harburg

“Music takes us out of the actual and whispers to us dim secrets that startle our wonder as to who we are, and for what, whence, and whereto.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Whatever deceptions life may have in store for you, music itself is not going to let you down.”
-Virgil Thomson

“Music is the art of thinking with sounds.”
-Jules Combarieu

“Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and everything.”
-Plato

“Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without.”
-Confucius

“Music is the universal language of mankind.”
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

“Music is the art which is most nigh to tears and memory.”
-Oscar Wilde

“Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.”
-Berthold Auerbach


“Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life bringing peace, abolishing strife.”
-Kahlil Gibran

“Ah musica magic far beyond anything here.”
-J.K. Rowling

“Magical music never leaves the memory.”
-Sir Thomas Beecham

“Music is the medicine of the mind.”
-John Logan

“Music can name the unknowable and communicate the unknown.”
-Leonard Bernstein

“If music be the food of love, play on.”
-William Shakespeare

“Dear music, thank you for making me feel happy when no one else could, sincerely loneliness.”

“Great music lives in us. The instant a song plays that you heard many years ago, flashback starts, and for that moment you are there again.”
-Shelly Khalish

“We are children of the noisy age, with access to so much music from across time and space. We soak up the soundswhat comes out can be unpredictable, but it will be uniquely ours.”
-Kalmia Traver

“Music is life, that’s why our hearts have beats.”

  Music makes the world go round or something close to that..... Music makes life bearable and sweeter. I wish I had a soundtrack to my life playing always.
 
Music has gotten me through the hardest times in life: breakups, trials, stress, sadness, frustration, and brought light to dark times. Music makes the good times better.
 
We all may have different tastes in music but it all comes down to one thing we all have in common: music has touched our lives in one way or another. It’s a universal love. It brings us together. Music makes you dance. Dancing makes you brave. 
 
I believe time and music helps healing and getting over tough times. Music gives me inspiration and improves my creativity. Music evokes feelings hidden deep inside ones we thought we forgot and ones we might not know we had. It’s a form of time travel. When everything around you can be falling apart, music is a constant that can hold you together. 
 
 I could go on and on and on about music. I decided to write about it in this post because I’m always listening to it and it just hit me that since it’s such a vital need in my life I wanted to express that.  

I don’t listen to music because it’s “popular” or “not popular” or “unique”. I listen to watch sounds good and what reaches out and pulls me in wanting to put it on repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment