Thursday, December 1, 2011

Tools

I’ve been reading a lot of papers and still do. While reading tons of stuff, the most difficult thing in my experience was and will be, to get hold of the huge amount of information, notes, papers and links. I decided to be better prepared and willing to get help by a tool this time.So I started to look around and poking some websites offering different tools.  Tools of different flavors came along my search, like note-taking tools, citation tools and personal knowledge management. I want to present some tools I found very interesting and that I use now.


Zotero
This browser plugin offers you a nice and easy way to keep track of links and notes while browsing the web.
Link: http://www.zotero.org/

Evernote
This extensive collection of tools enables you to take notes and keep every thought in almost every situation. It offers services like browser plugins, an iPhone application and a standalone tool. Evernote comes for Macs and Windows.

Link: http://evernote.com/about/download/


Sente
Sente is a free tool to collect and sort all your papers documents and notes. It also offers a way to export to BibTeX, which is kind of important if you are writing a document like a master thesis.

Link: http://www.thirdstreetsoftware.com/site/introduction.html (for mac users)


Let me know what tools you use or know. Mac or Win doesn’t matter. I guess a lot of people will appreciate a nice collection of tools they can use or check out

No comments:

Post a Comment