Monday, December 12, 2011

Soul

It is almost 4 am. I am still awake and tired of receiving new information and digesting them. I decided to take a short break with a song called Science and Faith. It made me to think about soul, religion, and human psychology.

According to Islam and Christianity  we each have an immortal soul, that may rot in hell if we don't behave. According to Hinduism we have a soul that will reincarnate until we grow enlightened  enough to not need to reincarnate any further. Buddhism agrees on the reincarnation.

Psychologists also agree we have a personality, but do not know about what happens after we die.

I guess there is no way to describe soul without a personality.There is something in us which is more than my habits, limitations and combined past.

 Taking a scientist perspective, I should rethink the existence of soul. Because neurologists do not think we have a soul. They measure brain activity and thin that is what there is to our consciousness. Our sense of "I am "' is, to them, only a side product of the complex workings of the brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment